Resolution of disputes arising from, or related to, contacts is one of the cornerstones of commercial litigation and arbitration. We have resolved hundreds of such disputes on a broad range of topics in a variety of contexts, including the purchase and sale of real estate, businesses and various goods and services; licenses, insurance products, homeowners’ associations, partnerships, joint ventures and other profit-sharing arrangements and rental and lease arrangements. As a result, we bring a wealth of expertise to bear our clients’ needs—from counseling to the courtroom.
Reported cases include:
- Chandy v. Racetrac Petroleum, Inc., 147 Fed. Appx. 811 (11th Cir. 2005) (affirming the entry of summary judgment with respect to claims of breach of a contract to purchase a gasoline service station);
- Triple Eagle Associates, Inc. v. PBK, Inc., 307 Ga. App. 17, 704 S.E.2d 189 (2010) (reversing the denial of a motion to enforce a settlement agreement with respect to earnest money following the failure of a real estate purchase and sale agreement); and
- Multi-Media Holdings, Inc. v. Piedmont Center 15 LLC, 262 Ga. App. 283, 583 S.E.2d 262 (2003) (affirming judgment entered on a jury verdict in favor of a landlord for money due under commercial lease).
- Represented a guarantor of a $2.9 million loan through a jury trial that ultimately resulted in the payment of only $18,000 to the creditor;
- Assisted a guarantor of a $583,000 loan in negotiating a settlement with only a $5,000 payment to the creditor;
- Litigated claims for breach of limited liability company operating agreements and closely-held corporation shareholder agreements;
- Obtained favorable settlements, on confidential terms, for multiple commercial tenants in default due to changes in financial; and
- Settled a dispute between a creditor and the purchaser of certain real property following the attempted rescission of a non-judicial foreclosure.