William Daniel Davis
Dan represents companies and individuals in a wide variety of commercial and business litigation and arbitration matters. He focuses on business format franchise, commercial contract, and business tort disputes.
Defeating alter ego/piercing the corporate veil claims against sole shareholder of closely-held corporations following jury trial in which he was first chair.
Obtaining summary judgment in favor of individual sued for fraudulently procuring and reselling seven figure amount of commercial shipping discounts from Federal Express.
Successfully defending on appeal favorable judgment following bench trial in which he was first chair that barred creditor from splitting contract claims.
Achieving a judgment against a party in breach of legal services contract following a jury trial in which he was first chair and ultimately collecting the majority of same short of appeal through supersedeas bond secured by the party’s commercial real estate.
Halting the termination of a quick service restaurant franchise agreement despite repeated alleged operational defaults following a week-long American Arbitration Association evidentiary hearing in which he was first chair.
Preventing a franchisor from recovering any monetary damages from a daycare franchisee that admittedly repudiated its franchise agreement following a jury trial in which he was first chair.
Settling a seven figure commercial collection matter in Uniform Commercial Code, Article 2 dispute on behalf of an original equipment manufacturer following motion practice that resulted in discovery sanctions, partial summary judgment, and the exclusion of expert testimony on the opposing party’s counterclaims.
Procuring a favorable award in an executive compensation dispute following an American Arbitration Association evidentiary hearing in which he was second chair.
Prevailing on churning claim following a Financial Industry Regulatory Authority arbitration hearing in which he was second chair, and settling related tort claims in litigation following denial of registered investment advisory firm’s motion for summary judgment.
Representative Reported Decisions
- Naffis v. Tzavaras, 358 Ga. App. 560 (2021)
- Astral Brands, Inc. v. Boyd, 2021 WL 2448358 (N.D. Ga. Apr. 28, 2021)
- Kubota Tractor Corp. v. Nashville Tractor, Inc., 2021 WL 5413667 (N.D. Ga. Jan. 22, 2021)
- Weinstein Group, Inc. v. O’Neill & Partners, LLC, 415 F. Supp.3d 1167 (N.D. Ga. 2019), and 2021 WL 2652332 (N.D. Ga. Jan. 8, 2021)
- HA&W Capital Partners, LLC v. Bhandari, 346 Ga. App. 598 (2018)
- Legacy Academy v. Doles-Smith Enters., 2018 WL 1081448 (Ga. App. Feb. 28, 2018)
- Federal Express Corp. v. Petlechkov, 2017 WL 6460261 (N.D. Ga. Dec. 18, 2017)
- ABV Electronics v. Ceton Corp., 2014 WL 12573015 (N.D. Ga. Mar. 25, 2014)
- Legacy Academy v. JLK, 330 Ga. App. 397 (2014)
- J.E. Dunn Constr. Co. v. Griffin, 2012 WL 32403 (W.D. Mo. Jan 5. 2012)
- State Bar of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- State Bar of North Carolina
- Associate, Ichter Kresky & Associates, LLC
- Associate, Ichter Thomas, LLC
- Summer Associate, King & Spalding LLP
- Summer Associate, Adorno & Yoss LLC
- Clerk, Superior Court, Western Judicial Circuit
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of Georgia, Franchise & Distribution Section
- The Legacy of Legacy (2016)
- How Do You Spell Relief: INJUNCTION (2012)
- What Does “Green” Mean?: Anthropogenic Climate Change, Geoengineering and International Environmental Law, Georgia Law Review (2009)
- University of Georgia, J.D., magna cum laude
- Articles Editor, Georgia Law Review
- Order of the Coif
- University of West Georgia, B.A., M.P.A.
Awards and Honors
- AV Preeminent® (2014-date)
- Finalist, National Debate Tournament