EMPLOYEE DEFECTION AND RECRUITMENT:
We litigate common law and statutory claims for violations of non-compete, non-solicit, non-recruit, and non-disclosure covenants, misappropriation of trade secrets, unfair competition, employee raiding, computer abuse and fraud and breaches of fiduciary duties
- Obtained temporary restraining orders against defecting employees in breach of their post-term restrictive covenants;
- Prosecuted and defended common law unfair competition claims, such as tortious interference with business and contractual relations, arising from employee recruiting efforts, including raiding claims in the securities industry;
- Litigated claims under Georgia’s Computer Systems Protection Act, Georgia’s Trade Secrets Act and various other statutes; and
- Utilized our experience to counsel employers about the new Georgia Restrictive Covenants Act and revise their employment agreements to include compliant terms and conditions.
We litigate claims of discrimination and retaliation brought under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (“ADEA”), the Family and Medical Leave Act (“FMLA”), the Equal Pay Act and similar federal and state laws, and have extensive experience with responding to Charges of Discrimination with the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (“EEOC”).
- Successfully defended against claims of pregnancy discrimination and FMLA interference following a jury trial;
- Defended and ultimately settled on confidential terms, claims brought under the ADEA in multi-plaintiff action; and
- Defended and settled, on confidential terms short of litigation, Charges of Discrimination under the ADA filed with the EEOC.
We litigate high-value claims both for and against former executives alleging breach of their employment agreements with respect to post-termination compensation.
- Obtained a six figure arbitration award on behalf of a corporate director against a general contracting firm for unpaid severance pay; and
- Tried and successfully defended claims by a corporate director against a management consulting business for compensation accrued prior to resignation; and
- Settled numerous post-termination payment disputes on confidential terms short of full-blown litigation.